The Pacific Northwest’s largest search engine marketing conference to include keynote from Microsoft Bing’s Stefan Weitz
Portland, Ore. – Jan. 25th, 2010 – SEMpdx is pleased to announce the schedule and pricing of its fourth annual Search Engine Marketing conference, SearchFest 2010. SearchFest 2010 takes place at the Governor Hotel in Portland, Oregon on Tuesday, March 9, 2010 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration is now open to the public (https://www.sempdx.org/searchfest/) and ticket prices are on sale starting at $159 for members, $209 for non-members and a special student rate for $135.
Headlining the prestigious list of speakers is Stefan Weitz, Director of Microsoft’s Bing search. Weitz will discuss the shift in behaviors of searchers and how marketers will need to adjust their strategies to a more task-centric approach where users are coming to search to get something done in the real world, rather than just to find information.
SearchFest 2010 differs from previous years in that it now has special social media tracks in addition to the search engine optimization and pay-per-click session’s regular visitors have come to expect.
“Professionals from all levels and types of business will benefit from the special panels and networking opportunities presented at SearchFest,” said Ben Lloyd, SEMpdx president. “By bringing together the pacific northwest’s business community, you’ll walk away knowing how to take your business to the next level.”
This year’s featured speakers and topics include:
- Heather Lloyd Martin, SuccessWorks –Creating Content for Search Engine Rankings
- Mathew Brown, New York Times – Technical Aspects of SEO
- Rand Fishkin, SEOmoz – SEO Tools Reviewed
- Eric Peterson, Web Analytics Demystified –Tracking and Measuring Site Traffic
- Chris Silver Smith, KeyRelevance – Local SEO
- Mike Roberts, SpyFu – Competitive Intelligence for SEM
- Joanna Lord, The Online Beat – Advanced PPC
- Laura Lippay, Yahoo and Derrick Wheeler, Microsoft – In House SEM
- Bryan Rhoads, Intel – Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Rebecca Kelly, 10e20 – Blogging
- Todd Friesen, PositionTech – Twitter
- Marty Weintraub, aimClear – Facebook
- Dustin Woodard, SEO Naturale – Reputation Management
Past keynote speakers have included Danny Sullivan, editor-in-chief of Search Engine Land, and Rand Fishkin, CEO and Co-Founder of SEOmoz.