SEMpdx has had the fortune of attracting some of the digital marketing industry’s best speakers over the years. We normally don’t publicly ask for speaker pitches; instead we invite the people we’d like to speak at our conference. Sometimes this means we invite people who have never spoken at a conference before. Incredible people like Marty Weintraub and Larry Kim, for example, both started their speaking careers at SEMpdx’s annual conference. Although, we might be missing some great talent out there, so we’re trying something new for our next conference…
For the first time, in 12 years, SEMpdx is opening up its conference for Community Speaker pitches! We are looking for two awesome speakers to present on a digital marketing topic. Could it be you? Yes, of course. We believe in you – now give us your best pitch.
SEMpdx’s conference called Engage (previously called SearchFest) is scheduled for Thursday, March 8 2018 at the Sentinel Hotel in Portland, Oregon. Are you interested in being a speaker at Engage 2018? We want to hear from you.
Become a Community Speaker at at Engage 2018 by doing this:
- Complete the form below and submit it on or before October 6, 2017
- Submit only one presentation idea (your best idea, of course)
- Your topic should be about digital marketing
- Tell us what actionable insights you’ll supply to attendees
- You must show up in person on Thursday, March 8, 2018 in Portland, Oregon to present.
- You will, of course, receive a complimentary ticket to attend the entire conference.
- Create a 25 minute PowerPoint presentation (expect about 10 minutes of Q&A)
- You will be invited to attend the Speaker and SEMpdx Member Reception the evening of March 7th.
- If traveling from outside the Portland Metro area, you will need to cover your own travel and hotel costs.
The Engage organizing committee will narrow the applications to 6 to 8 finalists, then ask SEMpdx Members to vote on which of the two finalists shall present at Engage 2018.
The two Community Speakers selected will be announced on or about October 13.
We will let all applicants know if they have been selected or not.