In my tenure as Director of Events for SEMpdx, we’ve had some amazing speakers present at our monthly educational events. I’m going to list them all out, along with what they spoke about, but the real reason for this post is to ask YOU, our membership and the attendees of our events, who you liked, who you’d like to see speak again, and who we should invite to speak that hasn’t done a monthly event with us yet. Some topics you’d like to see would be helpful as well. These events are for YOU, after all!
Here’s all of the monthly events we’ve hosted since I joined the Board of Directors, along with the speakers and their employer/company at that time:
- August 2014: Rooftop Networking (no speakers)
- September 2014: Back to School with Devon Brown, Anvil Media; Ryan Campbell, Add3; Scott Fish, 32° Digital
- October 2014: Content Strategy with Jon Colman, Facebook
- November 2014: Landing Page Optimization with Josh Patrice, Portent
- December 2014: Holiday Networking (no speakers)
- January 2015: SEMpdx Hot Seat with Scott Hendison, Search Commander; Michael Cottam, Visual Itineraries; Kevin Getch, Webfor; Mike Arnesen, Swellpath
- February 2015: Video Marketing with Casey Henry, Wistia
- March 2015: PPC/Remarketing with Craig Galyon, Swellpath
- April 2015: Top Digital Trends of 2015 with Mike Corak, Ethology
- May 2015: Member’s Only Event – Facebook Strategies with Brent Csutoras, Kairay Media
- August 2015: Rooftop Networking (no speakers)
- September 2015: Local Search with David Mihm, Moz
- October 2015: Mobile Ranking Factors with Marcus Tober, Searchmetrics
- November 2015: Conversion Rate Optimization with James Svoboda, Webranking
- December 2015: Holiday Networking (no speakers)
- January 2016: Content Strategy & Copywriting with Lisa Williams, OHSU; Heather Lloyd-Martin, SuccessWorks
- February 2016: Community Management with Jennifer Sable Lopez, Moz
- March 2016: No event due to SearchFest
- April 2016: PPC Strategies with Pascal Inderabudhi, Anvil Media
- May 2016: Member’s Only Event – Facebook Advertising Workshop with Dennis Yu, BlitzMetrics
- June 2016: Leveraging Analytics to Drive Your SEO Strategy with Leslie To, 3Q Digital
A pretty awesome list of speakers and topics if you ask me. And I AM asking you. Please leave us a comment below with who you’d like to see present that’s not in the above list, who from the list you’d like us to bring back, and some topics you’d love to see added to the monthly educational event curriculum. And thanks for helping to shape the future of SEMpdx!
Robert Frost has been the Director of Events for SEMpdx since July 2014. He has over 10 years of experience in digital marketing, with a focus on Paid Media across many verticals, and over 20 years of management experience. Robert is currently the Director of Professional Services at Odysys, a SaaS provider for the hospitality industry. He is also the founder and principal of RPerro Media, where he consults with small businesses on their digital marketing initiatives. Robert was previously the Director of Media Operations at Ethology, a full-service digital agency, and also served as the General Manager of Ethology’s Portland office.
Outside of digital marketing, Robert is an avid wine enthusiast, foodie, and fitness fanatic, and can often be found wine tasting, checking out the city’s amazing restaurant scene, in the gym, or running on Portland’s beautiful riverfront and woodland trails.