Jordan Kasteler will be speaking about “Tools & Competitive Intelligence” at SearchFest 2010, which will take place on March 9th at the Governor Hotel in Portland, Oregon. Tickets are available now. To purchase, please click the following link.
1) Please give me your background and tell us what you do for a living.
I am a co-founder of Search & Social, an SEO and social media marketing company. We specialize in high-quality traditional link building, linkbait, social media promotion and marketing, SEO auditing, etc. We also host our own Internet marketing events including Search & Social Spring Summit that will be hosted May 3rd and 4th.
2) Can you talk about how Twitter has helped in the promotion of social media on other networks (e.g. Digg, Reddit)?
Twitter has enhanced almost every major social media facet and channel. The additional exposure it can drive to content on other social media sites is fairly significant. I wrote a post recently on how Twitter additionally acts as a social news aggregation source similar to Digg and Reddit. It talks about sites that aggregate popular links shared on Twitter essentially by counting retweets as votes. You can read it here: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog/social-media-news-aggregation-via-twitter.html
3) The name of your company is “Search and Social”. How linked are these disciplines?
The majority of our social media business focuses on a facet of social media that drives immediate measurable ROI. We create and promote linkbait, or quality content, to gain a high amount of links and traffic. The links and traffic therefore have an immediate tie-in to search marketing because this helps boost SEO efforts. Most of what we do in social media always has search kept in mind as the forefront and priority.
Latest posts by Todd Mintz (see all)
- 2015 SEMpdx SearchFest Mini-Interview: Larry Kim - January 23, 2015
- 2015 SEMpdx SearchFest Mini-Interview: Mike Ramsey - January 22, 2015
- 2015 SEMpdx SearchFest Mini-Interview: Marty Weintraub - January 21, 2015