Please join us on Tuesday, May 9, at Lucky Lab on NW Quimby as we welcome our expert SEMpdx panel, who will be hosting a Q&A discussion on “Generative AI”.
Your panel members are:
- Johnny Anthony Hartman, Chief Multiverse Officer at Elevate Media Labs. He started in Ai in 1996 when his ten-year NDA kept him from speaking about what he learned about visual recognition from Microsoft Research. Johnny has run I Have Robots, a.k.a. Feeda, since 2006, a Media Laboratory and IP development space. Johnny and the Elevate Media Labs team have built some MASSIVE things using game engines and virtual production with Columbia Records, Netflix, Tsuburaya, Marvel, and others. In addition, they crafted experiences for new artists and some significant IPs.
Matt Bowen, Manager of Enterprise Client Service Strategy at Logical Position. Matt works with enterprise eCommerce brands and retailers to implement overarching PPC strategies that have been proven to lead to long-term growth.
Kent Lewis, Chief Marketing Officer at Deksia. He is a speaker and author specializing in SEO, PPC, and social media. Kent was named a top 20 digital strategist by Digital Strategy Institute. He is responsible for the overall strategic direction of marketing, including evolving messaging and integration. Connect with Kent on LinkedIn or Twitter.
- John Skelly, Founder of Food Intelligence, LLC, has 30 years of experience in diverse fields, including military leadership, Internet engineering, business development, and entrepreneurship. He began his career as an engineer during the early days of the Internet and has since spent over 20 years in advertising, digital agencies, and innovative startups. Currently, he is exploring new opportunities combining the fields of food science and artificial intelligence. John is enthusiastic about utilizing AI to educate consumers about their food choices and helping people comprehend the complexities of biochemistry, as well as the impact of human-engineered and environmental chemicals on our well-being and happiness.
- Ali Maxxa PhD, Founder at AI Governance Group. Former lead AI researcher for Amazon AWS. Since 2005, I have used my Ph.D. training in anthropology and media to research the ways in which humans from different walks of life, abilities, resources, values, places, perspectives and needs engage technology. I answer this challenge by drawing from a refined toolkit of strategies and methods, from ethnographic collaboration to usability studies. As a globe-trotting researcher, educator, team leader, and writer/media producer, I am passionate about creative cultures and digital futures. I have fifteen years’ experience in facilitating workshops and conferences, building inclusive communities, conducting user/maker research in diverse global settings, crafting multimedia, and clear written and oral communication. My deliverables include short documentaries, TED-style talks, white papers, digital storytelling, and custom-tailored training modules, both online and in in-house settings.
Your panel moderator:
- Kevin Getch Founder, Director of Digital Strategy, and CEO at Webfor. He is the author of “Future Proof Your Marketing” and has been quoted and published on leading sites like Forbes, Huffington Post, Search Engine Journal & Mashable. Kevin is an industry speaker and has recently spoken at the Workforce of Southwest Washington Conference, Seattle Interactive Conference, Engage (SearchFest), MarTech conference, and more.
Join SEMpdx for a discussion on what’s going on with the latest developments with generative ai. Event topics will cover a wide range of AI trends and tools including a live demo reviewing ChatGPT and other Generative AI tool capabilities.
Topics covered will include:
- Large Language Models
- AI hallucinations
- Generative AI Use Cases
- AI Search
- Generative AI impact to Business
- AI Agents
- Protecting Yourself and Your Business from Generative AI
- Generative AI Practical Use Cases
- Skills Level: All Skills Levels
Date and Time
Tuesday, May 9, 2023
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Presentation starts at 5:30 pm.
Lucky Labrador’s Quimby Beer Hall — see map
1945 NW Quimby Street
Portland, OR 97209
Parking & Transit
There is a small parking on on-site, but don’t expect there to be any available spots. Metered street parking is available around the venue ($2.00/hour until 7:00 pm). The Portland Streetcar stops 3 blocks south on NW Northrup, and several bus stops are also in the area.
Thank you to our 2023 Event Sponsor for making our Educational Event Series possible!