In September, SEMpdx welcomes special guest Rand Fishkin the CEO and Founder of Moz. He will be presenting “The Mighty Nudge – the Future of Digital Marketing”. An audience favorite at past SearchFest conferences, his September presentation is highly anticipated and one not to be missed.
Location: Urban Airship, 1417 NW Everett St., Portland, OR 97209
Date: Tuesday, September 24
Time: 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Cost: $50 in advance; $75 at the door
Everyone who registed by Friday, Sept. 20 by 5:00 pm was automatically entered to win a pass Bend WebCAM and Seattle Interactive Conference! Prizes will be drawn separately during the event. (Find discount codes to these conferences at the bottom of the SEMpdx home page.)
All Profits of the Event Will be Donated to a Great Cause!
September is a special benefit event. All profits of this month’s event will be donated to the Cottam Library Fund to honor the parents of local SEO consultant and SEMpdx board member Michael Cottam.
Michael’s parents were tragically killed in June of this year by their neighbor, who then burned their house to the ground. Michael and his sister are trying to create a “Phoenix from the ashes” by raising funds to rebuild and expand the Myrtle Point Library, a place that their parents visited often, and had donated to in the past.
Find out more info about Michael’s parents and the fund drive on the Lola and Renae Cottam Rebuild a Library Facebook page. If you’d like to donate in addition to buying a ticket you can do so on the ticket form below. If you can’t attend but want to donate, you can also do this below.
About the Speaker
Rand Fishkin is the CEO & Co-Founder of the web’s most popular SEO Software provider; Moz. He co-authored the Art of SEO from O’Reilly Media and was named on the 40 Under 40 List and 30 Best Young Tech Entrepreneurs Under 30. Rand has been written about in The Seattle Times, Newsweek and PC World among others and keynoted conferences on search around the world. He’s particularly passionate about the Moz blog, read by tens of thousands of search professionals each day. In his minuscule spare time, Rand enjoys the company of his amazing wife Geraldine DeRuiter, whose multiple-award-winning serendipitous travel blog chronicles their journeys.
Urban Airship is generously supplying meeting space in their beautiful new office location, AND supplying us with a keg of beer to boot. Urban Airship provides mobile marketing solutions across all major mobile platforms. Improve customer engagement with push notifications, location-based marketing, and analytics.
Stoller Family Estate is one of Oregon’s most highly regarded vineyards and wineries. Pioneering Oregonian and Founder, Bill Stoller, purchased his family’s second generation farm in 1993 with the vision of cultivating an enduring legacy for the land and Oregon wine industry. Stoller Family Estate features North America’s first LEED® Gold certified winery, three guest homes and a new state of the art tasting room with panoramic vineyard views. www.
Sterling Catering & Cookies was established in 2010 to provide Portland, Oregon with the finest local, sustainable and whenever possible, organic catering and cookies. We rely on the seasonal bounty of the Pacific NW so our ingredients are always fresh and of the highest quality. And we specialize in custom menus with plenty of suggestions for special dietary options like gluten free, paleo and vegan. Every detail is attended when it comes to the preparation and presentation of the food we make. Our number one concern is not just your satisfaction, but your absolute delight.
We’re holding a raffle to raise additional money for the Cottam Library Fund. Check out the list of great prizes (and generous donors) below. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event for $10 each or 3 for $25. The more tickets you buy the more chances you have to win one or more of these great prizes!
- 4 2nd-row seats for the Nov 6th Winter Hawks game — donated by the Portland Winter Hawks
- A pair of Trail Blazer seats (300 level) at an upcoming weekend game, a choice of select dates — donated by Todd Mintz
- A pair of OSU Beaver football tickets, a choice of select dates — donated by Ben Lloyd
- Case of 90-point Bordeaux wine (2009 CHATEAU PLAISANCE St. Emilionne) — donated by Michael Cottam
- An SEO audit of one website — donated by David Portney
- 5 gallons of winner’s own custom homemade beer and, if they want, they can participate (we can make it at their home or office) — donated by Nathan Isaacs
- Hair-M gift card for a “King’s Cut” — donated by Mike Rosenberg
- Two Stoller Wine Prize Packages — donated by Stoller Family Estate
- Google Laptop Sleeve — donated by Rosenberg Marketing
- $75 gift card to Dennis’ 7 Dees — donated by Kristina Weis
Latest posts by Board (see all)
- Search Engine Marketing Scholarship – 2014 Fall Term - September 11, 2014
- October 2014 – Jon Colman from Facebook - August 11, 2014
- September 2014 – Back to School with SEMpdx - August 11, 2014