June 6, 2017 – The focus of this month’s event was multi-channel marketing, and we welcomed Dave Roth, CEO of Emergent Digital, who shared tips for successfully utilizing multiple communication channels in our campaigns.
- Understand your customer personas, including which channels and networks they are using.
- Use a single source of data to effectively communicate with the client. You can use other systems for intra-channel optimization, but commit to one source for client communication.
- Consider various modes of communication with your target audience, such as ad copy, meta descriptions, push notifications, email, native content, offline channels, etc.
- Use communication channels to their strengths. Don’t force your message through a channel it’s not suited for.
- Start with paid search and add multiple channels incrementally. AdWords, for example, is a great testing platform, providing data for SEO expansion and keyword sourcing.
- Layer user acquisition with focused re-targeting.
Dave also stressed the importance of testing. Continually test campaigns to identify the sweet spot of effective communication with your audience.